Saturday, January 25, 2014

What I've Been Working On

I just realized that it's been almost two months since I've posted anything crochet related. I've started about five new projects and finished about three...not so bad.
Julia Vaconsin's Basic Mitts

I also completed a South Bay Shawl in the Red Heart Unforgettable. I think this is the Winery colorway.?
It needs blocking and better photos

This is my latest...
the dreaded Noro
I am proud of myself because I have waited two years to use this yarn again. This time I am using the Taiyo sock in the S9 colorway from Knotanotherhat. I just couldn't resist. This will be another Elise. One of these days I will come up with a shawl pattern. It's just hard to beat the Elise pattern, but I am getting pretty burned out on it.

To find these patterns just click on the links in blue.

15 comments:

  1. I love your shawls they are beautiful colours. I have been tempted to buy this wool it looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is gorgeous, but beware, it's the most frustrating yarn I've worked with. The colors are just too beautiful to resist for certain projects like shawls that look great with the striping effect.

      Delete
  2. Of course you can to be very proud of yourself, I love the shawl, the coulors are so beautiful. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawls! I just made a South Bay in the same exact yarn and color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color you used for the mitts. And your shawls are beautiful, too :-) Good luck with the Noro yarn. I've never tried it but heard mixed emotions about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have GOT to try that South Bay Shawl pattern. Your are lovely.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-shawl-pin-with-buttons.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colors are gorgeous, I love working with Noro and the color variations, very subtle and sophisticated, love to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work as always, I'll have to give the Elise shawl a go. I didn't coment on your last post, but it love the Avett Brothers too! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous makes. I'm loving that shawl!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stuff is really lovely - well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Elise pattern is gorgeous with that Noro yarn, and I understand how you feel about it. I have made six of them and I am tired of them, but you can not beat it for simplicity and beauty. I need to try the South Bay Shawlette, I ahve the pattern printed out and ready to go.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous work the shawl is stunningly beautiful I just adore the wine colours
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-G6sroQh0

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that colourscheme. It is beautiful and i'm into this colour comb, too:-)
    Greetings
    Jasmin
    http://meingehaekeltesherz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete